Gulfstream Brewing Co. to Host Sushi and Beer Pairing Dinner
By Joe Pye
For $50, you’ll get a five-course meal paired with five specialty beers.
Tomorrow night from 7 to 9:45 p.m., Gulfstream Brewing will host a sushi and beer pairing dinner.
The Fort Lauderdale brewery teamed up with SushiHara, a local pop-up sushi chef for a specially-paired meal. Event tickets are available here.
Check out the menu…
- Beer: “Transplant” – 5% ABV tropical pilsner brewed and dry-hopped with Wakatu hops. It has lime stone fruit aromas and flavors.
- Food: “Hamachi Carpaccio” – Star anise cured hamachi, Parmesan, schimi, lime zest.
- Beer: “Gulf Stream” – 6.5% ABV Hefeweisen blend between Bavarian & American styles with notes of banana, vanilla, and bubble gum and a fresh citrus finish that comes from additions of freshly peeled orange-zest.
- Food: “Spicy Tuna Salad” – Sriracha soy, cucumber, avocado, scallions, endive, fried garlic.
- Beer: “Sargasm” – 9.7% ABV Imperial Belgian red. Collaboration brew Barrel of Monks. It’s a big, malt-forward beer with flavors of caramel, toffee, plums, and hard orange candy.
- Food: “Ochazuke” – Baked salmon, dashi tea rice, nori, sesame seeds.
- Beer: “Pinky Drinky” – 4.5% ABV Rose Pilsner. It’s fermented with Pino Noir grape-must from the Dundee Hills region of Oregon.
- Food: “Nigiri” – Tuna with yuzu koshu. Salmon with lemon balm microgreens and black truffle salt. Hamachi with yuzu salt and shiso, and an ume kyu hosomaki (skinny roll) (plum paste, cucumber, sesame seeds)
- Beer: “New World Order” – 10.2% ABV blended imperial stout and porter and blended them in bourbon barrels and aged for six months. Has hints of balanced bourbon and oak with a rounded and medium body. Finishes with roasted chocolate flavors.
- Dessert: “Tomago” – Eel, ricotta cream, strawberry, mint.