Updated: Where to Find Local Craft Beer During Coronavirus Shutdown
By Joe Pye
Here’s how you can still drink good beer and support local breweries while bars are closed for the next month.
Last updated: May 8, 4:49 p.m.
Yesterday, I wrote how brewery taprooms and craft beer bars throughout the state of Florida were legally shut down for the next 30 days to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Back Yard Craft Beer Bar in Cooper City told me through an Instagram message today that police have already started cracking down on local bars.
But most breweries aren’t technically bars.
Then I spoke to a few brewers who are also confused. Brewpubs sell food and breweries distribute their liquid out the back door, so how are we supposed to interpret these mandates? Needless to say, people are getting creative.
I put together a list of how you can still get your fix during the shutdown…
- Backyard Craft Beer Bar, 8652 Griffin Rd, Cooper City, FL 33328. Open 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. with to-go beers.
- Bangin’ Banjo Brewing Co., 3200 NW 23rd Ave #500, Pompano Beach, FL 33069. Wed. – Fri. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sat. – Sun. Online orders now available for curbside pickup. Crowlers are 30% off bills $20 or more – bottles are 50% off.
- Barrel of Monks Brewing, 1141 S Rogers Cir #5, Boca Raton, FL 33487. Open every day 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Selling to-go six-packs, four-packs, and 750 ml bottles of beer for 20% off. Brotherhood and Reserve Society Members get an additional 5% off. Orders can be made online at the Barrel of Monks website.
- Basser’s Fine Wine and Craft Beer, 6240 Coral Ridge Dr, Coral Springs 33076. FREE delivery in Coral Springs and Parkland and offering curbside pickup.
- Black Flamingo Brewing Co., 3260 NW 23rd Ave #400e, Pompano Beach, FL 33069. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., head-brewer, Manny, will meet you curbside to sell you beer. Just bring your growler and credit card. March 25, Food-co-Holic food trucks will be on-site.
- Broski Ciderworks, 1465 SW 6th Ct, Pompano Beach FL, 33069. Open Sun. 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Discounted pre-filled growlers of cider and build-your-own six-packs of craft beer available to go.
- Craft Beer Cellar, 2301 NE 26th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305. Open every day from 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for curbside pick up. CBC is filling growlers. Shipping can also be done through CBC’s website. CBC is also now available on Uber Eats for beer delivery.
- Craft Beer Cartel, 557 SW 12 Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. with bottles and homebrewing supplies.
- Dangerous Mind Brewing, 1901 N Federal Hwy Suite E115, Pompano Beach, FL 33062. Still open 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Grab and go, 32 0z. crowlers – food is being delivered through Uber Eats and Delivery Dudes.
- Flagler Village Brewing, 551 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308. Open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. with to-go canned and bottled beer, and food.
- Gulfstream Brewing Co., 1105 NE 13th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304. Open Wed. – Thur. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Fri. – Sun. 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. To-go Pizza and crowlers.
- Holy Mackerel Small Batch Beers, 1414 NE 26th St. Wilton Manors FL, 33305. Open Tue. – Sun. 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. To-go BBQ, packaged beer, and growler fills. First responders – in uniform – eat free. Any service industry employees who lost their job during the shutdown can get a free tray of food (must call in the order and have proof of employment).
- Invasive Species Brewing, 726 NE 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale FL 33304. Pick up curbside crowlers from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., any day. Still running $2 off Crowler Wednesday deal.
- Laser Wolf, 901 Progresso Dr. Fort Lauderdale FL, 33304. Open from 8 p.m. to 12 p.m. Packaged to-go beer available with a 30% off discount available for curbside pick up.
- LauderAle, 3305 SE 14th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. Open from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. selling to-go crowlers, growlers, and kegs. LauderAle is also running a delivery service through its website, and giving away a $100 gift card to the local patron who orders the most on delivery.
- Mack House, 9118 W State Rd 84, Davie, FL 33324. This Saturday, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., The Mackhouse will be serving curbside crowlers of Smashing Baby IPA, Grand Mack imperial stout, and Pine Island Pale Ale. They’ll also have freshly grilled cheeseburgers.
- Odd Breed Wild Ales, 50 NE 1st St, Pompano Beach, FL 33060. Open Thur. – Fri. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sat. 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Sun. 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Selling to-go beers and allowing 30 days to pick up online orders. Odd Breed is running a 20% off discount on bottles this week. Currently, 16 beers available.
- Prosperity Brewing, 4160 NW 1st Ave, Boca Raton, FL 33431. Open Tue. – Fri. 4 p.m. to 8p.m., Sat. 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Sun. 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Selling to-go 32 oz. crowlers. Pre-order available online.
- Tarpon River Brewing Co., 280 SW 6th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301. Open every day from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Food, canned beer, crowlers, and food are all available to-go. Tarpon is working with Delivery Dudes and will have employees deliver.
- Trippin’ Animals Brewing Co., 2685 NW 105th Ave, Doral FL 33172. Open Mon. – Fri. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sat. – Sun. 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Crowler and growler fills, and 4-packs available for takeout. Orders for to-go beer, food, and merchandise can be made online. Now offering online delivery and takeout service. Deliveries are only available to the following zip codes: 33126, 33144, 33166, 33172, 33178, 33182, and 33184. Same-day deliveries available for orders made before 5 p.m – later deliveries will go out the next morning. Orders placed before 5 p.m should arrive between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Riverside Market Cafe, 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. All food items are under $10 – except large pizzas for $15 – and more than 100 beers available for takeout.
- Riverside Market South, 3218 SE 6th Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. Open 11 a.m to 8 p.m. All to-go beers are 50% off. Food menu available for takeout, as well.
- Riverside Market Plantation, 6900 Cypress Road Plantation, FL 33317. Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. All to-go beers are 50% off. Food menu available for takeout, as well.
- Wunderbar Sports Bar & Grill, 4995 SW 148th Ave. Davie, FL 33311. Open Tue. – Sun. 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for takeout or delivery. Orders can be made by hitting the “Shop Now” button on Wunderbar’s Facebook page or the “Order Online” button on its website.
- 3 Sons Brewing Co., 236 N. Federal Highway #104, Dania Beach, FL 33004. Delivery is available starting Sat., May 9. Place orders on 3 Sons’ website. Orders placed Saturdays through Tuesdays will deliver on Wednesdays. Those placed between Wednesdays and Fridays will arrive on Saturdays. Packages will arrive between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. on delivery days. There is a $50 minimum order with a $10 delivery fee. Have ID ready on arrival.
- 26° Brewing Co., 2600 E Atlantic Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 3306. Open Mon. – Thur. from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Fri. – Sun. with six-packs for $7.99, and gift certificates. You can still pay with a gift certificate.
Article originally published on March 18
How can we get the Holy Mackerel Brewery on this list?
What hours is Holy Mackerel open and what promotions are they running? I’ll add today.
4 Trackbacks and Pingbacks