5 Places to Celebrate Valentine’s Day With Beer
By Joe Pye
This year: Comedy, cocktails at a craft beer bar, and a whole lot of sweets. Check out these fun and cheap events.
Broward Beer found five events at breweries and craft beer bars to celebrate with that special someone for at most $50. Each involves other businesses and artists from the local South Florida area.
Here’s what the owners and managers of each location say you can expect…
1. Valentine’s Day-themed comedy show
- What: “Galentine’s Standup Comedy Show” with an all-women cast.
- Where: Pompano Beach Brewing Company, 3200 NW 23rd Ave #500, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
- When: Saturday, Feb. 13, at 8 p.m.
- How much it costs: Free
- Why go: It’s a free Valentine’s Day-themed set. Good for couples who’d rather celebrate with the next day off of work.
2. For the Love of Mixology
- What: Cocktail Uncultured, local mixology instructors, will teach guests to make drinks that pair with Fat Tap’s menu.
- Where: Fat Tap Beer Bar, 830 E Oakland Park Blvd STE 101, Oakland Park, FL 33334
- When: Sunday, Feb. 14, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- How much it costs: $50
- Why go: “Aside from a class on how to make cocktails, our chef also paired small dishes to pair with the drinks,” said Rob Robayna, co-owner of Fat Tap Beer Bar and Eatery. “It’s an interactive experience.” Tickets available here.
3. Cheesecake and beer pairing
- What: V’s Cakes artisan cheesecake will supply the cake to go with LauderAle’s brews.
- Where: LauderAle, 3305 SE 14th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- When: Sunday, Feb. 14, from 12 to 4 p.m.
- How much it costs: $20
- Why go: “V’s Cakes has heart in her craft and it resembles the way we feel about our brewery,” Miranda Fuller, LauderAle’s taproom manager told BrowardBeer. LauderAle’s C Porter was even added to the chocolate coffee porter cheesecake. Tickets available here.
4. Ice cream and beer pairing
- What: Sweet Melody Crafted Ice Cream will supply the desserts and Gulfstream is brewing beers to pair.
- Where: Gulfstream Brewing Co. 1105 NE 13th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
- When: Sunday, Feb. 14, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- How much it costs: $32
- Why go: Get four scoops of locally crafted ice cream to go with four 5-ounce pours of Gulfstream’s paired beers. Tickets are available here.
5. Tipsy Valentine
- What: Susan’s Sweet Treats will supply the cake to match Black Flamingo’s beers
- Where: Black Flamingo Brewing, 3260 NW 23rd Ave, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
- When: Sunday, Feb. 14, from 2 p.m.
- How much it costs: $20
- Why go: Get four different cupcakes that pair with a flight of four different 5-ounce pours.